Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And I Thought Sunday Night Was Slow...

The kids are back in school, the tourist season has come to an end, and I am still performing on the street. A closed street. 23rd is much larger than my corner at 18th. That makes the crowds look even smaller.

Getting people over is like you are offering to pull their teeth. The foot traffic is much slower, so without the people to pull from, it makes a long night. My last show was a mess. I had about 15 people who had seen the show before. That is my short show since it starts at 10:35 and ends by 10:50 so I can be off the street by 11:00. I was planning on using Dangerous and keeping it short and sweet. The kids there hadn't seen the start of my show, so I pulled it out and went into that instead. It was kind of awkward, but it was about giving the people what they wanted. Entertainment on demand.

One more long night here. Then Beach Street USA closes the streets and my 2010 run here is over. I'm going to miss the funny and talented acts I've hung with. I'm going to miss the ocean and the area. I'm not going to miss these last two nights. Although I keep hoping "tonight's gonna be a good night"!

No comments: