Tuesday, August 24, 2010

17th Street Stage And Time Off

Last night I worked the 17th Street Stage for the first time. Its a great location in a park that overlooks the ocean. The show there has a circus theme and several acts. After Ryan the Ringmaster warmed the crowd up and brought them in, I had a 15 - 20 minute set. Following me was Aaron Bonk, juggler extraordinaire and Brit Dibbs, Empress of Fire. The crowds were into the show, the responses great and the evening was a lot of fun.

When I arrived in Virginia Beach for this run, I learned they had overbooked the street. Since I've been going non-stop all summer, I volunteered to take a couple of days off. Those days fall today and tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the rest - although I'm in a resort town - so I have to go explore what I've missed while performing!

No comments: