Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday Night On The Corner...

was a quiet night. The crowds showed up, but they took their time. The starts were rough with bored teens trying to "mess" with the comedian. Unlike the jugglers, I have no fire or knives to catch their attention and dazzle them with skill. I have to rely on my wits.

So they think I am un-armed.

Let it be said that when the show is done, I am still there with a crowded street corner, and the bored teens have moved on to easier prey.

We end here on Tuesday night. An odd day to end, but the City wanted to follow the calendar month. It will be slow, and I will be on a closed street - making the crowds look that much smaller...

1 comment:

Bob Conrad said...

You are very brave, performing under those conditions, on the street, dealing with weather, and having to round up a crowd several times a day.
I have done my share of street fairs and festivals, and don't envy you at all. I spent the summer working libraries and recreation departments, where the audience was there and came to see a show. Inside with air conditioning. Much easier, I give you a lot of credit!