Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back On The Street and Other Updates

Thursday night I worked the beach in Sandbridge, just south of Virginia Beach. One show, and an interesting one at that. I was scheduled to go on at 7:30 and arrived an hour early - only to find that things had changed and I was going on first. Made for a quick set up and interesting show.

Friday night I was back on Beach Street. The shows all started really slow with a very transitional crowd. By the end of each, the street was packed. The last show was like pulling teeth trying to get an audience. It is always a short show - so that makes it tough. By the time the crowd arrived, I was finishing. Oh well, maybe they will come to see me tonight.

I'm told that after this weekend (probably after tonight) the crowds really die out. Kids are going back to school, so the tourists are gone. That means Sunday, Monday and Tuesday will be very sparse audiences. I'm not looking forward to that.

On another note - I was finally convinced to start a FaceBook Fan Page. I've never seen the need, but now that I have done it, I plan on making the most of it. I'll be able to do uploads from my shows, text before and after - and who knows what else. Check it out and like me!

No comments: