Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rain

Today it is pouring down rain. After a night of restless sleep, my mind still playing yesterday, this makes it very hard to break my current pattern. Usually rain at a fair means the shows are cancelled. Here, I am under a cover - and the back rows of the audience are tarped. My guess is I will be doing shows, for a handful of people, who are sitting way back under cover. The laughs won't be there and the shows will drag for me.

Wishing the sun and the people were out...

AND - I was right and wrong. The audiences were small - but they grew. It rained during the shows, but people were there and wanted to be entertained. So I did.

Small audiences are harder to work than larger ones. For me anyway. But tonight I took the shows to a more personal level and things worked out fine. I was able to beat my funk and look forward to the rest of the run now.

No comments: