Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bad Economy?

On a performer's forum, there is an economic discussion on the amount of work available. Most of the contributors are crying that they are "dead in the water". As I read their complaints that no one is hiring entertainment, I looked over at my calendar - which has two nights off for the month - both of which are travel days. I so badly wanted to chime in, but I didn't.

2010 has been a very busy year for me. I've been working and making people laugh. A few months ago, September looked slow. Now it has some very nice paydays and a fair amount of travel. I'm actually looking forward to a slow down in October - although I thought that September was going to be a rest period.

In bad economic times, people need to laugh more than ever. So if the calls aren't coming in, the performers should get off their butts and look around. Although if they don't, I know plenty of acts who don't mind taking the work they can't seem to find.

1 comment:

Bob Conrad said...

So many performers forget the business part of Show-biz. If you just sit by the phone and wait for it to ring, you will spend a lot of time waiting.