Monday, August 9, 2010

The Show

Last week, Knoebels was FUN! I had a few quiet audiences, but for the most part, the crowds rocked. Some of them were pretty large and actually hanging out the doors.

On Thursday, 11 year old Maria Alfaro came to the park to perform in two of my shows. I saw her perform at the VentHaven Ventriloquist convention and had talked with her Dad, Albert (an incredible artist and figure maker). It was rewarding to be able to give her an opportunity to get in front of an audience. She did a great job and I predict good things in her future.

Today I started a fair an hour Northwest of the park. The early crowds were small and sat in the shade far away from the stage. Makes it tough to entertain. The 8:00 show rocked though. Started with a good sized crowd and it built continuously throughout the act. This fair is really taking care of me too! They provided a great sound system which saved me setting up my own.

Today's post is titled "The Show" for a reason. I like to "dress" my stage. I want my name visible and to create an image that makes people say - I want to see this. One of the ways I do that is through my use of backdrop. The brick wall is actually a collapsible display. It literally sets up and tears down in less than a minute. People can see this from a distance and it really draws their eye. Here it is under a tent at Lebanon. The beauty of this is that it includes my web site, and more and more, I see people calling up my home page and watching my videos while they wait for the show to start.

Dressing the stage is just one way to make the show - a SHOW.

No comments: