Sunday, July 25, 2010

You Could Be Getting Up At 5:30...

Today was the first day of my Lebanon Fair run. I arrived early to set and as I looked around, I felt like my 12:30 show would be awfully empty. I couldn't have been more wrong. The tent was packed, the crowd responsive and the show felt like it should.

As I finished, I looked at the sky behind my audience. It was quickly growing dark. A few minutes after I finished an announcement came on requesting everyone head to the buildings. I tore down my show, sound and backdrop, tossing them into the car, then headed for safety.

The storm was rather intense, but we didn't get the full force of it. Further South, power lines and trees were reported down. Once things slowed, I returned to the show tent and set my show up again for the 2:30 performance. Just as I finished setting, another announcement and another storm. I ended up setting up 3 times today, but only got in two performances.

Tomorrow I was asked to come in early to perform a short show for preschoolers as they eat lunch. I explained that it is tough to eat and laugh at the same time, but the pre-school wants it that way and I was requested to accommodate them, so I will. I mentioned it to my wife who told me point blank the title of this post. I doubt I'll be awake when she leaves for her corporate job tomorrow. I am pretty lucky.

No comments: