Friday, July 9, 2010

Praise The Lord Sinner - and other stuff

Sandbridge was fun. A very small audience of about 50 people, but they were all there to have a good time. The laughs flowed. I even got back to Virginia Beach in time to see Dallas and Hilby perform on Beach Street.

Tonight the "preachers" were out. At various times, the overly godly descend on Virginia Beach to spout their gospel and insult the sinners. They literally look for confrontation. So unlike the God I learned about as I was growing up. I was blessed to have some on the corner opposite my street tonight. The shows suffered since the disruption across the street kept yanking attention from the performance.

Apparently they use religion as a shield and the city can do nothing about them being there. They were able to issue tickets though - not sure for what, but I was so glad when the police returned a second time to write them up. Finally the "preachers" must have realized without a collection it wasn't worth it. After they left, my last show was the best set of the night!

No comments: