Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beach Shows Update

My wife and son came to visit for a few days. They had a vacation while I worked. It was great to spend some time with them. We went parasailing on Tuesday morning. What a great experience. All three of us went up together. The ride is so smooth from take off to landing. At 1200 feet, you can see a lot. We even took the ocean dip. As we approached, I suddenly changed my mind - but that did no good. It was cold, refreshing and there were plenty of laughs.

The heat has returned to the beach. Monday night I worked 20th street with Peter Irish. My first show rocked, the second was kind of rough. It never ceases to amaze me how one audience will laugh at every joke, and another will just stare at you.

Tuesday and Wednesday I was back on 18th. The shows there were also hit and miss. Luckily there were more hits than misses. I've finally decided to start working the newer characters into the act. Its been hard to do that since I worry about losing the crowd. I think I'll start using them in my warm ups.

Tonight I am 30 minutes down the road at Sandbridge Beach. Only one show. I welcome that chance to rest my voice!

No comments: