Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Better Day

The humidity wasn't as bad today and the audiences were actually "there". The fair management asked me to skip my 11:30 show in favor of an act at their "Senior Appreciation Event". Since several day camps were in, I opted to throw in an extra, so I did my 11:30 to a large crowd, then rolled sound and trunk to the food tent for the "event".

Before you think I've gone soft, I did this for a great reason. It is supposed to be ungodly humid the next few days. Since my audiences are in the sun, that means a quiet crowd. Never fails - and if you don't believe me, do a show in the heat and see. SO - by having the extra show in, I can reduce the time of my regular sets in the event the audience is baking. The fair still gets their shows and time, and I save the audiences and myself some aggravation.

Thankfully, with the slightly cooler weather, the audiences got into the shows today. The laughter and applause were present and it made the performances more rewarding. Performers need feedback!

No comments: