Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beach Street, First Night Back

It all seemed so familiar, yet so foreign. This is the first time I've worked street since last year and it is definitely different than working corporate or stage. The set up took longer than I remember, so did packing. I'm sure I'll get that down to a minimum soon enough.

My first show was an interesting mess. A bunch of teens who wanted to "mess with the performer" came over at the start. It wasn't long before they started in on me - but I dealt with them and eventually they left. Problem was, they killed the flow and most of the audience left with them. Luckily Dangerous Duck was up next and people not only came back, but the crowd grew in size.

I modified my program and the next three sets were all fun. Lines started coming back and the show seemed to flow smoother. I'm certain by the end of this run I will be back up to speed and ready for the remainder of my dates here this summer.

No comments: