Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Name Your Price Sale?

Everyone wants my money. Ever feel that way?

A "major" event planning directory offered me a deal two years back, so I decided to give them a try. I contracted one show through the service, which paid for the year. When it was time to renew, they wanted "full price". I said "No Thanks."

We got into a major discussion - they couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to renew when I had contracted work. I explained the basic laws of economics according to Tom. A less expensive listing service provided me with a 10x the return on my investment during the same period. Their site, at actual cost, would have provided me a 1.5x return.

They spouted the return their other clients were claiming. I replied the other clients were in a broader market - my specialty is not in as wide a demand by the masses. They told me I would notice my profits diminish if I didn't re-sign. I hung up the phone.

Over the past few months, I've gotten a "sales" e-mail from them about every other week. Today I got their "Name Your Price Sale" notice. That's sad. They claim the economy is hurting and they are trying to help me. I have my doubts about the last part, although the e-mail does prove their economy is having some issues.

Name you own price? Sorry - I expect to deal with results. If their site did what it claims, they wouldn't have to make this offer. Deliver results and people will pay your price.

By the way - when you want an audience laugh, contact me. If my act is a good match, I promise I will deliver the results.

www.ComedyVentriloquist.com

No comments: