Monday, November 9, 2009

Guaranteed Entertainment

I recently had a conversation with an "entertainer" who said most of his customers hire him because he offers a money back guarantee. In 18 years, he proudly told me, no one has ever requested their money back.

Who is going to check that claim?

As a client, you hire entertainment to do one thing - entertain the audience. If the act is no good - you've failed. At the point his money back guarantee kicks in, your event was already ruined. Money back? Or success? Which one do you really want?

Why would an act have to offer that type of guarantee? To make you feel more comfortable with selecting them as an entertainment option? Can you really be comfortable knowing there is a chance you may not be happy with their act? No matter how small the chance?

Salesmen offer a money back guarantee. I'm an entertainer - I make people laugh. I offer proof that I am the act that "can" make your evening a success. Salesmen will always try to make the sale. As a professional entertainer, I turn down more offers than I take. I accept only the programs that I will enjoy. Ones that fit my act. Events where I can be successful - and in turn, make the event a success.

So the question should really be: As a client searching for entertainment - should you hire a salesman, or an entertainer? Get proof the act is good. I'm pretty certain Jay Leno doesn't offer a money back guarantee either.

No comments: