Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fun With Human Puppets


I have an upcoming showcase for the APCA convention in Verona, NY. The convention is attended by college activities boards. They learn about planning, scheduling, producing and promoting campus events. They also get to have a great time and see some entertainment.

The goal at any showcase or convention is to create a "buzz". You want people talking positively about you. I attended a NACA convention to get a feel for things since I am relatively new in this market. One thing I did realize is that without credentials and a showcase, it is hard to gain serious attention. So at my APCA showcase, I intend to make the most of the moment.

I enjoy designing things, so I created a new Human Puppets logo. The ten minute showcase will feature them since it is one of my most requested routines. The day before my showcase, my agent will be passing out Human Puppet buttons to help generate interest. Following the showcase I will be giving away T-Shirts with the same logo.

I had fun designing the logo and coming up with the promotional ideas. It will be interesting to see how and if it works. In the meantime, you can check out the landing page for the promotion:
HumanPuppets.com

No comments: