Sunday, November 21, 2010

An Evening Of Comedy

Last night's self promoted show was a success. It wasn't a sell out. In fact, we only sold about half of the house. The main things were - I didn't lose money and we had fun!

The evening started with local comedian Terry Duck. I've known Terry since he was a little kid. When I mentioned I was doing a show locally, he told me if I ever needed an opening act, to let him know. I hired him on the spot, sight unseen. My wife thought I was crazy. We had no idea if he was any good. I had a feeling though, and I was right. He had the audience laughing the second he walked on stage. Great job Terry!

Mike Rose, the Magic Kinda Guy, was up next. Mike's dry wit always wins over the crowd and his Chicken Towel is a riot. If you ever get the chance to see him work, don't miss the show. The two of them warmed up the audience and made my job much easier.

Last night was the official introduction of K.A.R.L. the alien, pictured above. It also saw Baby Billy come on stage for the third time. Both were greeted with laughs. Of course, Dangerous and the Human Puppets stole the show as usual.

I absolutely love working in a legitimate theater. The audience comes to see the show and the feedback and energy make performing a joy. Thanks to everyone who spent their Saturday night with us.

1 comment:

Bob Conrad said...

Great! I'm glad everything worked out good for you. And you are absolutely right there is nothing like working in a theater setting with an audience that came to see you.