Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sickness...

At some point yesterday I realized I was feeling rough. My throat was raw, my tongue felt swollen and my head just wasn't right. (Probably wondering how I figured that last one out, huh?)

The saying the show must go on rang true tonight. Because something was going on in the lounge, I was put in the outdoor showroom. Its a huge, deep room. The audience was spread out, the microphone was too hot - not the setting for good comedy. Those who were close to the stage enjoyed the show, but the ones who hung back were lost. Because I was under the weather, connecting with the reluctant rear audience was impossible tonight, which made a rough performance for a sick vent.

We all have good and bad days. Today was not one of my best - unless you were the people sitting up front. I think I'll go to sleep now and pray I feel better in the morning.

No comments: