Monday, March 22, 2010

Last Comic Standing...

Well, I did it. On Sunday I drove to NYC to audition for season 7 of NBC's Last Comic Standing. Did I make it? Will I be on TV? I couldn't say. I had to sign a confidentiality agreement. I will say Sunday was an interesting experience and I'd like to share some observations here.

I've been performing since I was a kid. I've worked fun audiences, tough audiences and even "no" audiences. For some reason, this "show" was different. Perhaps it was the potential for my first time in front of a national TV audience. Or it could have been the empty room. There was no one to connect with, just 3 judges and some production people who were in the back. Maybe it was the fact I was told how to start and where to face. No one but the camera in front of me. I was so nervous I was literally shaking. Looked like poor Dangerous Duck developed palsy. Given the circumstances and the set up, I still did what I do.

I also learned that "reality TV" isn't as real as people may think. Keep that in mind as you watch. There is a reason for everything that does, or doesn't happen.

Last Comic Standing Season 7 starts airing on NBC this June. Should be some great comedy this season. I'm sure there may be a few "weird" personalities as well. Not sure which I will be a part of - if I'm on at all...

No comments: