Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ventriloquism - East Coast and beyond!

Back on the 7th day of my second run here in Virginia Beach. In between I worked a private corporate event, Knoebels Park in PA. and the Howell Balloon Challenge Festival in Michigan. Its been a lot of driving with some intense overnight jumps and lots of shows.

Had some rough days. The shows started running together and I was having trouble keeping focused. At times, I felt like I was repeating material, when in reality, I was comparing the joke with earlier responses. Partly because the shows have been very close together with 4 to 5 performances per evening.

I want to publicly thank Jay Johnson, Tony award winner and former star of Soap. I had e-mailed him regarding my burn-out and he offered some excellent advice. Jay is not only one of the top ventriloquists in the world - but an incredibly nice guy. Thanks again Jay!

My thanks also goes out to:
David Crone, who always has a kind word and encouragement,

and members of my audiences who have searched out my web site and e-mailed about the show. It means a lot when someone takes the time to tell me how much they enjoyed the laughs!

No comments: