Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to Beach Street

Arrived in Virginia Beach on Aug. 1 after driving 7 hours in horrible traffic. I still can't figure out how people can justify stopping on a 65 mph highway - there were no accidents or lane closures - so it has to be stupidity.

Took the evening to watch a few acts - enjoyed what I saw, then went back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

Last night, my first night of shows, I was asked if I'd prefer to work a closed street, or a corner. The last two runs I have been working the corners and was comfortable with them. Closed street acts drew large audiences. I figured it was because the closed streets acts were more visual - they are usually fire acts or jugglers, that sort of thing. I agreed to try the setting but was nervous I wouldn't get the size crowd that others pull.

Shouldn't have worried. It was a great night.

No comments: