Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Waking Up While Driving

Still exhausted after VentHaven's long hours, I'm staying up late to spend time with my wife and son. This morning I had to be up at 4:30 am to shower and leave for a show - arrival time 10:00 - show time - 11:00. Why so early? Because it was a small show I shouldn't have scheduled, it was hours away, and it wasn't worth spending the money on a hotel room. I used to be able to do these drives when I was younger.

The show went great and I even met a fellow ventriloquist after the show. Its always fun meeting other performers. After that, I met up with some friends for lunch. In itself this was a miracle since I had forgotten my cell phone. It was like living in the early 80's - how did we survive?

The lunch was my downfall - I relaxed and the drive back home was no fun. Several times I startled awake as I slowly began to drift. Sodas provided caffeine, but bed was where I needed to be. So what do I do? Get home and start blogging. Goodnight!

No comments: