Thursday, January 21, 2010

You've Got To Laugh

There have been some moments of light since my last post. They were shattered by more darkness. It is tough to go on-stage, completely torn inside, and trying to make people laugh.

Last night was about 14 minutes of true accomplishment. I did my job. You've got to laugh, because sadness can overwhelm you. Thankfully last night the audience gave me as much therapy as I was able to provide them.

Right now, I am giving space to someone who needs to do a lot of inner reflection. I am purposely not contacting this person. I'm not sure it is the right move, but it is the only way I can think of to make them think about what can be lost. When I offered my support, they slipped immediately back into old destructive patterns.

I am currently surrounded by long time friends who are providing me their support and I want to thank them. Again and again.

No comments: