Monday, August 18, 2008

Nothing Gets Done...

Ever have the feeling you are working as hard as you can and nothing gets done? Welcome to my world the past week and a half.

I had a very successful week at Knoebels Amusement Resort. Great shows, visited by close friends and some family - fun and yet tiring. I sleep in late every morning since my shows don't start until afternoon. Its a working mini-vacation. Problem is, you get lazy and the next thing you know, you are back in the real world with an office, clients to contact, quotes to send, mailings to do - this is a real job.

When I got back, (after 4 shows, a late load out and a 3 hour drive) I was tired, yet the next morning after only a few hours sleep, I had to unload the truck, swap vehicles and get on-line. I had no Internet access for a week; I had a lot to do! During all this, I'm supposed to be learning Spanish, practicing a new routine, working on my show for the Maryland Renaissance Festival and getting things in order for my Mexico trip. The more I get done, the more I remember I have to do - so I've been treading water!

Of course, writing this isn't helping - so I guess I'd better Get Nothing Done...

No comments: